The CHILD Study received base funding from the Allergy, Genes and Environment Network of Centres of Excellence (AllerGen NCE) and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), in the sum of $6 million each, over 6 years.
Total base funding: $12,000,000
Continuing federal support
Beyond this base funding, the CHILD Study has received continuing support from AllerGen in the form of research and special initiatives funding, and from CIHR in the form of project and team grants. These CIHR grants are listed in the CHILD grants database, referenced below.
- Total AllerGen NCE Investment in the CHILD Study (2005-2019): $14,753,500
- Successful CIHR Grant Funding Totals (to date): $21,493,302
Total federal contributions to date (AllerGen + CIHR): $36,246,802
The CHILD Study has also received in-kind and cash support from other granting agencies, partner organizations, collaborating institutions, foundations and other sources, as listed below.
Total investments to date from other grants and from partner investments: $9,156,226
- Alberta Health Services
- BC Children’s Hospital
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Childhood Asthma Foundation
- Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba
- Environment Canada
- Health Canada
- Healthy Child Manitoba
- Lois Hole Hospital for Women
- Research Manitoba
- Roche Ltd.
- SickKids Foundation
- SickKids Research Institute
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Foundation
- Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation
- The Centre for Understanding & Preventing Infection in Children
- The Manitoba Developmental Origins of Chronic Diseases in Children Network (DEVOTION)
- The University of British Columbia, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases
- University of Manitoba, Rady Faculty of Medicine
- University of Toronto McLaughlin Centre
- Women & Children’s Health Research Institute
Specific, focused research initiatives within the CHILD Study have been funded by grants, of varying amounts and with varying timelines, sourced from diverse granting agencies, as detailed in the CHILD Grants database.